The Flying Dutchman
Wednesday 28 June - Sunday 23 July
In partnership with OperaUpClose we are delighted to present a brand new interpretation of Wagner’s The Flying Dutchman.
Newly re-imagined for our times, poet and novelist Glyn Maxwell’s English libretto with award-winning Laura Bowler’s 8-piece chamber orchestration, depicts an island nation struggling with its identity in a world of displaced people. This production features recordings of community choirs from across the UK alongside a cast of internationally renowned opera singers and players.
Generously supported by Arts Council England, Backstage Trust, Cockayne – Grants for the Arts and The London Community Foundation (London Performances), The Kobler Trust and The Flying Dutchman Syndicate.
Many thanks to The 29th May 1961 Charitable Trust & Stanley Thomas Johnson Foundation for their support in making this happen.
Dates and Venues
- 28 June, 30 June & 1 July Turner Sims, Southampton Book Here
- 4 July & 5 July SS Great Britain, Bristol Book Here SOLD-OUT
- 7 July & 8 July Worthing Pavilion, Worthing Book Here
- 12 July Grand Junction, London Book Here SOLD-OUT
- 13 July Grand Junction, London Book Here SOLD-OUT
- 14 July Grand Junction, London Book Here SOLD-OUT
- 18 July & 19 July Trinity Market, Hull Book Here
- 22 July & 23 July Invisible Wind Factory, Liverpool Book Here
- Wagner The Flying Dutchman
- New Orchestration Laura Bowler
- New English Vesion Glyn Maxwell
- Music Director Timothy Burke
- Director Lucy Bradley
- Set & Costume Designer Ana Inés Jabares-Pita
- Associate Music Director Robin Wallington
- Starlight Philippa Boyle
- Captain Dee Timothy Dawkins
- Helm/Mari Carolyn Holt
- Mariner Pauls Putnins
- Annie George
- Catherine Hooper
- Toki Hamano
- Masimba Ushe
Donate to Camerata today.