Mozart, Made in Manchester
Fri 25 March 2022, 7:30pm,The Stoller Hall
Energetic Mozart up there with the very best… soloist, conductor and orchestra conjure up a magical soundworld” BBC Music Magazine
This year features two instalments of our critically acclaimed and Gramophone Award-nominated series Mozart, Made In Manchester, and it’s fitting that in our 50th year we tackle Mozart’s last four piano concertos, some of his most epic work.
For our first instalment, join us in the beautiful surroundings of The Stoller Hall where we explore these masterworks, delve into the sound world of his The Marriage of Figaro and shine a light on the work of Anna Amalia von Sachsen-Weimar-Eisenach, a contemporary of Mozart.
The performance of Anna’s gorgeous work is made possible with funding from the ABO Trust’s Sirens programme, a ten-year initiative to support the performance and promotion of music by historical women composers.
This is Mozart, at his very best, performed with the undeniable chemistry of Gábor Takács-Nagy and Jean-Efflam Bavouzet.
- Mozart The Marriage of Figaro – Overture, K. 492
- Mozart Piano Concerto No. 24 in C minor, K. 491
- Anna Amalia von Sachsen-Weimar-Eisenach Erwin and Elmire – Overture
- Mozart Piano Concerto No. 25 in C major, K. 503
- Jean-Efflam Bavouzet Piano
- Gábor Takács-Nagy Music Director
- Manchester Camerata
Donate to Camerata today.