Schools Project: ‘George’s Marvellous Medicine’
Yesterday saw the launch of our community team’s ‘George’s Marvellous Medicine’ project. Working with fifteen schools across Staffordshire, Camerata musicians teamed up with young people to write entirely new music inspired by Roald Dahl’s classic book ‘George’s Marvellous Medicine’.
This is our 6th year of working with the fantastic Entrust Music Service and delivering creative music-making projects. These projects are a great way to help build pupils’ confidence, encourage creative thinking and explore educational topics in new and exciting ways.
Plus, to help embed creative music-making in the curriculum, we gave teachers the opportunity to try out some of our specialist classroom teaching techniques through CPD workshops and accompanying online videos.
Also, a MASSIVE WELL DONE to all the participating schools! We loved working with you!
- Berkswich C of E Primary School
- St Mary’s Catholic Primary School
- St Austin’s Catholic Primary School
- Endon High School
- St Teresa’s Catholic Primary School
- St. Thomas More Catholic Academy
- St Joseph’s Catholic Academy
- Our Lady & St Werburgh’s Catholic Primary School
- Heron Cross Primary School
- Sutherland Primary School
- Stoke minster primary
- Burton Manor
- Fulfen Primary School
- Birches Head Academy
- Painsley Catholic College