Untold – Keith (Digital)
Tue 21 September 2021, 10am,manchestercamerata.co.uk
Real-life stories presented in an up-close and intimate way.
For this year’s World Alzheimer’s Day, we are releasing the next episode of our digital film series ‘Untold’.
In this episode, we tell the moving and uplifting story of Keith who lives with young onset dementia. We first met Keith back in 2018 at one of our creative music-making sessions in Wigan.
Previously a coach driver for football clubs across the northwest, a member of the grenadier guards and an avid music fan, the film tells his personal account of how dementia affects the everyday life of him and his wife Joan.
Narrated by Coronation Street star Julie Hesmondhalgh, written by poet and playwright Amanda Dalton, directed by award-winning Paul Sapin and starring Neil Bell (Dead Man’s Shoes, 24 Hour Party People, Coronation Street), this emotional and deeply personal account set to music chosen by Keith should not be missed.
- Narrator – Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Keith – Neil Bell
- Joan – Carla Henry
- Director – Paul Sapin
- Writer – Amanda Dalton
- Producer – Jackie Thompson
- Musical Director – Caroline Pether
- Violin – Caroline Pether (Leader), Catherine Landen
- Viola – Lucy Nolan
- Cello – Hannah Roberts, Peggy Nolan
- Horn – Naomi Atherton
- Trumpet – Graham South, Mark Addison, James Bulger, Peter Mainwaring
- Trombone – Tom Berry, Chris Jones, Elizabeth Bannan
- Bass – Trombone Leslie Storey
- Tuba – Andrew Mallon
Donate to Camerata today.