Mozart, Made in Manchester
Fri 23 September 2022, 7:30pm,The Stoller Hall
Energetic Mozart up there with the very best… soloist, conductor and orchestra conjure up a magical soundworld” BBC Music Magazine
In the second instalment this year of our Mozart, Made in Manchester series, we are back at the beautiful Stoller Hall, delving further into the soundworld of his later operas as well as some of his most epic piano concertos.
This is Mozart, at his very best, performed with the undeniable chemistry of Gábor Takács-Nagy and Jean-Efflam Bavouzet.
Pre-concert talk 6:30
As part of Camerata’s ongoing partnership with The University of Sheffield, we will be joined by eminent musicologist and Mozart expert Professor Simon Keefe for a pre-concert talk. A fantastic opportunity to learn more about Mozart’s incredible genius.
This concert is supported in memory of former Camerata violinist, Sheila Williams, and her husband, Rhys.
- Mozart Cosi Fan Tutte – Overture, K. 588
- Mozart La Clemenza di Tito – Overture, K. 621
- Mozart Piano Concerto No. 26 in D major (Coronation), K. 537
- Mozart The Magic Flute – Overture, K. 620
- Mozart Piano Concerto No. 27 in B-flat major, K. 595
- Jean-Efflam Bavouzet Piano
- Gábor Takács-Nagy Music Director
- Manchester Camerata
Donate to Camerata today.