Manchester Camerata and Jess Gillam at Cheltenham Festival
Date: Thursday 11th July 2019 20.00
Venue: Tewkesbury Abbey
- Anna Clyne New work for saxophone and electronics (World Premiere)
- Gavin Bryars Jesus Blood Never Failed Me Yet
- Arvo Pärt Cantus in Memoriam Benjamin Britten
- John Harle Rant
- Bach Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 BWV 1048
- Rameau Castor et Pollux RCT 32, Acte I, Scène III: Prélude - Air accompagné "Tristes apprêts"
- Purcell Fantasia No. 13
- Marcello Oboe Concerto
- Jess Gillam Saxophone
- Caroline Pether Violin/Director
With her impassioned performances and charismatic personality, saxophonist Jess Gillam took the Festival by storm in 2017 and has since gone on to conquer the concert stage with no fewer than four BBC Proms appearances in the space of two years. She returns to Cheltenham for a spectacular programme that includes a World Premiere performance by Anna Clyne, alongside the pioneering Manchester Camerata who, in partnership with Jess, will exploit the magnificent acoustics of Tewkesbury Abbey to the full. The evening winds its way back through time from the brand new work to the genius writing of Henry Purcell.
£35 £28 £22 or £15 (restricted view) £10 (restricted view, unreserved) plus booking fee*