UpClose: Evolution of Dance
Date: Wednesday 29th May 2019 7.30pm
- Bach Cello Suite no. 1 in G major BWV 1007
- Bach Orchestral Suite no. 2 in B minor BWV 1067
- Bartók Romanian Folk Dances arr. Zoltán Székely
- Piazzolla Oblivion
- Vyacheslav Semyonov Bulgarian Folk Suite arr. Parkin
- Daniel Nelson My Inner Disco
- Donna Summer I Feel Love arr. Levickis
- Daft Punk Get Lucky arr. Parkin
- Martynas Levickis Accordion
- Thomas Gould Violin/Director
- Simran Singh Violin
- Alistair Vennart Viola
- Hannah Roberts Cello
- Dan Storer Double Bass
We take you on a journey from Bach to Bartók, from Daft Punk to Donna Summer and explore the journey of classical to pop music. We believe good music is good music and tonight we’ve chosen a selection from across the ages that will make you want to move. Whether it’s the music of Donna Summer or Bulgarian Folk, you will have the urge to dance — give in to it! This show has two intervals.
Sponsor: Squire Patton Boggs
*** AFTER – PARTY ***
We are delighted to announce that our post show party will feature a true denizen of disco, one of the best selectors in England and a third of the already legendary Kiss Me Again ~ Mr Matthew Rothery.
Box Office: 0161 907 9000
In person: The Bridgewater Hall, Lower Mosley Street, Manchester, M2 3WS
Tickets from £15 (plus concessions)*
* Prices quoted include a booking fee of £2.50 per ticket applies to telephone and online transactions. No fee applies to tickets bought in person or purchased as part of a fixed or flexible subscription.