Date: Tuesday 13th November 2018 19:30
Venue: The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester
- Mendelssohn Hebrides Overture Op. 26
- Bruch Violin Concerto No. 1 in G minor Op. 26
- Schumann Symphony No. 4 in D minor Op. 120
- Leticia Moreno Violin
- Gábor Takács-Nagy Music Director
We revisit a time of musical poets, Schumann and Bruch, a wave of passion in a sea of German Romanticism that would come to influence the culture and philosophy of Europe and last far beyond the constraints of their era. Gábor is able to feed on the same muse that inspired these great composers to bring their distinct and colourful personalities to life once more. To aid him in this Romantic resurrection, our fantastic orchestra is joined by Leticia Moreno, who brings the flame of life in her passionate and mesmeric playing in Bruch’s famous violin concerto.
Presented by The Bridgewater Hall in association with Manchester Camerata.
Box Office: 0161 907 9000
In person: The Bridgewater Hall, Lower Mosley Street, Manchester, M2 3WS
Tickets from £18 (plus concessions)*
* Prices quoted include a booking fee of £2.50 per ticket applies to telephone and online transactions. No fee applies to tickets bought in person or purchased as part of a fixed or flexible subscription.